We can relate to our reluctant learners by finding the same reluctance in ourselves. Maybe I always did my homework, took good notes and didn't miss school. But there are always important responsibilities (things I won't confess!) that I resist. Week after week, I put them off.
I was thinking today of this list, in no particular order:
Things That are Easier than Taking My Next Step In Learning
- Listening to people who say I'm good where I'm at
- Complaining about people or groups that aren't as far along as I am - This might even be in an area not related to the next step I should take. Another easy approach is to direct it to those people who are making it harder for me to take the next step.
- Drowning myself in entertainment
- Taking on the priorities of others (possibly without thought) so I'm too busy
- Planning to take my next step
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.